So last week I was finally able to pick up my "new"(it seriously is like new) Horn Sewing cabinet. DH helped me unload it off the back of the truck. He asked the inevitable question "How much did this cost? Twenty?!!" Uh...yeah...OK! Thank goodness he didn't really want to know!
It lived in my living room overnight until...
A day later, all 4 of my boys were here and I asked them nicely(because I am a nice Mom!) to carry it upstairs to my wannabe sewing room for me and three of them did it(now I know why I had boys!). So, I got it all set up, carried my machine up and set it in and figured out how to move the platform thingy up and down...(yes that is a bath towel on the window-you know, we live like kings in this house! Note the vertical blinds on the ironing board waiting to be put up).
Then...
NOTHING! I got NOTHING!
I have not been able to even motivate myself to plug the machine in.
I'm blaming the humidity...no AC for that room and it's been way too hot up until yesterday when I finally put together a set of shelves I picked up at Lowe's.
Now to just get that much done. It would probably help if I would get away from this laptop!

3 comments:
Tracy! That cabinet is awesome! Just wait until you are able to "organize" your room--you will be sewing everything! I like your storage cubes also. Yes--having boys does have definite perks!!! Especially when they bring home daughters-in-law! Be sure to keep us posted on the progress of your room.
Ooooo! I like those shelves!!!
And the desk is a great buy---tell your husband that the ones in my neck of the woods are $20.00 {{wink-wink}}
As for the bath towel-----WHY didn't I think of that when I was attempting my curtain creation???? {{and I never would have noticed if you hadn't pointed it out}}
LOVELY sewing room!
Love the "new" table! I think that you are really going to like it once you can use it! lol
Post a Comment