Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Baby Quilt dilemma-solved.

I started this last Saturday night. I'm pretty pleased with it except when will I ever learn not to use similar fabrics like I did in the pinwheel blocks? I can only say I'm in a hurry to get it done as it's for a baby shower on Sunday afternoon. The brown dotted fabric is from Joann's. It's a Debbie Mumm and I wish I had gotten more than one yard. I goofed up cutting it too, so now I have 6 extra 1 1/2" strips. The other fabric, Farm Corner, I got from www.fabric.com a place I try not to go to very often because I cannot help myself!
I've already done the outer borders but I was curious which border anyone else liked.
This one with the same pattern as the blocks or...
This one with the polka dots?
I picked...
The top one.
Pictures of the finished product to follow...when I get it finished that is!

1 comment:

Linda Lee said...

I like the top one! It brings out the farm scene in the blocks and adds extra "character" to the quilt. I am sure it will be loved!! I am 85 miles from the nearest Joann's so I go to fabric.com quite often!!