Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Stash Report-Just Kidding!

I don't foresee me admitting just how much fabric I really have anytime soon!


So I put most of my stash on the shelves and it actually all fit. There are a few pieces not on there but this is the most of it.

I don't really have a sorting system. I don't like to sort by color. I tried to keep fabric lines together though.
I learned a few things too:
  • I have too much fabric

  • Apparently if you roll up fabric and put a price on it...I'll buy it

  • I love brights

  • I favor western prints

  • I love novelty prints

  • I need more fabric!(see the empty spaces?)

  • I need to get busy!

I've got the flannels in the bottom three drawers. The 30's prints are in the top drawer. Western fabric fills an entire cube with Western fat quarters stashed in one of the drawers.

The plastic bin to the left has scraps in from other projects and to the extreme left are two quilt tops waiting to be quilted.

Paper bags on the window sill are from the quilt shop-evidence of my addiction!

The cardboard box in the next picture has smaller scraps in it along with batting scraps.

I've got my Singer set up to finish quilting a tote bag since I have the bobbins already wound for it. I've got another whole box of scraps I found in my grandmother's attic, but that's another post for another time.

I still only have half of a small room but it's better than where I was before:

(I'm almost embarassed t show this picture!)

2 comments:

Linda Lee said...

I love it! Both the after and the before--I realize there is someone like me out there!!!! I've made baby quilts for five little boys with retro western prints and have two more to make for little boys--(already have fabric)-- I am still learning how to stash build. I guess I just need to go shopping more often.

Saska said...

You're braver than me...cameras aren't allowed to take pictures of my stash! We must think alike...western fabric, novelty and flannel. I made one bright quilt and gave it away, but still have some that needs made up.
I'm trying my best NOT to stash build!