On 9/11?
I was visiting my grandmother after doing my banking. I think I left the nursing home about 9 or 9:30 to head to Walmart At that time I never listened to the radio but for some reason I had it on. I started hearing about the planes going into the towers(hick that I am I did not know what they were) and then I heard of the ones going into the Pentagon and also the PA field...which hits close to home.
I stopped in at my SIL's garden center and was talking to her about it and some woman came into the store just ripping her two kids up one side and down the other. I remarked to my SIL that with what was going on I couldn't believe someone could still act like that.
I then headed to Walmart and as I went through the store, I and everyone else there kept stopping to watch the tv's. I think everyone was in some kind of shock. The store was quiet, people were polite.
When I got home, of course the first thing I did was to turn on the tv. That's when I was able to fully understand the events taking place. We just could not stop watching those towers fall.
One thing I remember the most was how quiet and empty the skies were with no planes leaving their jet trails to mark the sky.
Sept. 11 also happens to be my birthday and that day I'm sure I never once thought of it.
But now we can never forget...

1 comment:
No, we will NEVER forget. It was so ironic that I met a gentleman about 4 years after it happened whose sister had perished that awful day.
I'm having a giveaway on my blog in memory of my 17 y/o grandson who passed away a year ago this Weds if you'd be interested. Thanks.
Also, my step-son's b/d is 9/11.
Post a Comment